There are no products in your cart. Perhaps the item you chose is sold out.
CD New Worlds: Bill Murray, Jan Vogler & Friends
Actor and comedian Bill Murray met German cellist Jan Vogler on a trans-Atlantic flight. The two struck up a friendship and soon had the idea to work together on a project: “New Worlds”. Murray – as both singer and narrator – brings his charm and wit to songs by Foster, Gershwin, and Bernstein, as well as readings of Whitman, Hemingway and Twain, all accompanied by classical orchestrations.
- Camille Saint-Saens, The Carnival of the Animals, R. 125 (Text by Lucille Clifton): The Swan / "Blessing the Boats"
- Walt Whitman, "Song of the Open Road" & "Song of Myself"
- Johann Sebastian Bach, Suite for Cello Solo No. 1 in G Major, BWV 1007: I. Prélude
- Franz Schubert, Piano Trio No. 1 in B-flat Major, D. 898 (Text by James Fenimore Cooper): Andante un poco mosso / "The Deerslayer"
- George Gershwin, Porgy and Bess: "It Ain't Necessarily So"
- Astor Piazzolla, Muerte del Angel
- Van Morrison, "When Will I ever Learn to Live in God" (Arr. Stephen Buck)
- Henry Mancini, Moon River / "Adventures of Huckleberry Finn"
- Stephen Foster, "I Dream of Jeanie with the Light Brown Hair"
- Maurice Ravel, Sonata for Violin and Piano (Test by James Thurber): Blues / "If Grant had been Drinking at Appomattox"
- Leonard Bernstein, West Side Story: "Somewhere"
- Leonard Bernstein, West Side Story: "I Feel Pretty"
- Leonard Bernstein, West Side Story: "America"
Bill Murray (vocals)
Jan Vogler (cello)
Mira Wang (violin)
Vanessa Perez (piano)
- Decca Gold
- September 29, 2017
- EAN 028948157914
- Weight 566